I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, which is a peer-nominated award acknowledging the hard work of fellow bloggers. I must admit when I first started my blog, I had no idea the amount of time that goes into it. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love it but it has been a very steep learning curve for me to say the least! For all those that say “oh you’re just a blogger,” it couldn’t be further from the truth. Hats off to those bloggers who work at this full time, it’s definitely hard work but totally worth it!
What Are The Rules Of The Blogger Recognition Award?
- Once you have been nominated, post about it and mention your nominator and thank them!
- In the post, share a short story about how your blog started
- Share two pieces of advice to bloggers just starting out
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award & let them know!
So here goes!
My blog started as a way of expressing myself. I love writing, I have been writing since I was 14 years old. I started out writing poetry and later a children’s book which I’m yet to get the courage to attempt to have published. I felt like I wanted a creative voice and a blog was the best way to go about it. I absolutely love my blog and now I’m totally addicted!
Two pieces of advice I would share with new bloggers starting out is one – to be realistic. Success doesn’t happen overnight. Ignore those bloggers who say they went from nothing to earning $3k a month in 30 days. These bloggers would have had two or three previous blogs, spent months writing content and promoting it well before making their blog live. Success doesn’t just happen that easy, you need to work for it.
Secondly, promote, promote, promote. Pick two or three platforms to focus on and promote your blog on there. Once you’re getting established, pick another platform or two. Also, Instagram is not the best platform for bloggers. I have focused on Twitter and Pinterest and soon, Facebook. I find these platforms by far the best.
Time to nominate 15 other bloggers who deserve recognition for their hard work, so here goes! I nominate:
- Bloggingwithgrace – A beautiful blog with advice about blogging
- Ellduclosblog – A brilliant blog showcasing health, beauty, fashion, blogging tips & more. You can even hire Ell to help grow your blog!
- Notevenhotjustamess – A great blog discussing highly relevant topics and advice for parents
- Unwantedlife – All things mental health, a very honest & raw blog
- Havetwinsfirst – A beautiful mommy blog on all things parenting-related
- Mom, Wife, Wine – Parenting, Marriage & Life blog
- The Ray Journey – A Blog on ways to earn passive income & financial freedom
- Phat Girl Blog – A blog about size empowerment
- Business and Life Tips – A blog providing tips on blogging, SEO, social media marketing & more
- Nuturingtamra – A beautiful blog on all things parenting
- The Anxious Teacher – A lovely blog about mental health from the perspective of a teacher
- Bailey Leah – A very pretty beauty & lifestyle blog
- The Wellbeing Blogger – A blog about coaching & educating people on how to create & build a culture of wellbeing
- Functional Randi – A blog about self-help, parenting & mental health
- Inching Forwards – A blog about health, mental health, politics & more
Thank you so much for the nomination! Be sure to check out all the wonderful blogs mentioned in this post!
With Love, RealBadMommy xx